Another post-dated post as I was going through some of the old photos.
Arima Grand Hotel is an onsen resort hotel in Kobe.
Dinner at the hotel was a sumptous dinner.
This meal I can list down what I had eaten cos they provided an English menu =)
- Shokuzenshu – Yuzu sour wine
- Zensai – Delicate arrangement of seasonal Japanese fish and vegetables
- Sashimi – Freshly sliced snapper, tuna, shrimp, rudderfish and sea urchin served with Wasabi and in-house blended soy-sauce
- Takiawase – Japanese vegetables (conger, eel, taro-potato, Japanese bean, tofu skin, wheat gluten) simmered in clear fish broth
- Suimono – Pike eel and Mattsutake mushroom in clear fish broth
- Aibachi – Deep fried shrimp buns, topped with starchy sauce
- Shiizakana – Japanse black cattle’s marbled steak and vegetables served with in-house blended Ponzu sauce
- Yakimono – Grilled soft roe and goosefish liver with Miso cheese sauce in citrus fruit pot
- Agemono – Crab tempura with vegetables
- Shokuji – Steamed rice served with various Japanese vegetable pickles
- Tomewan – Miso soup with Japanese vegetables
- Dessert – Fresh fruits
It was a long dinner with all of us dressed in the Yukata – luckily don’t need to kneel to eat! haha…Somehow, I wasn’t impressed with the dishes as well…think I dun like such cooking style whereby everything seems to be presented in their natural taste…