Mid-Autumn festival is here again. This year I gave my usual Marriot mooncakes a miss as they stopped my fav Ebory & Ivory Whiskey Praline Snowskin Mooncake though I still loved their Durian Snowskin.
Originally wanted to buy Raffles Hotel’s Snowskin Mooncake with Champagne Truffle and Ganache, which I heard has been very popular. When I went down to the hotel counter to buy (North Bridge Road entrance – opens from 9am to 8.30pm), I was delighted to see that they have other snowskin flavours available for tasting as well.
Love their pastel, lavender coloured brochure. Sweet & elegant.
There are total of 8 selections:
- Snow-skin Durian Mooncake (8 pieces) $68
- Snow-skin Mooncake with Champagne Truffle & Ganache (8 pieces) $60
- Snow-skin Mooncake with Raffles Cognac Truffle (8 pieces) $56
- Snow-skin Mooncake with Dark Chocolate Crunchy Pearl (8 pieces) $56
- Snow-skin Hazel-Choco Mooncake (8 pieces) $56
- Baked Mooncake with Pine Nuts, Macadmia Nuts & White Lotus Paste (4 pieces) $56
- Baked Mother of Pearl Mooncake with Single Yolk & White Lotus Paste (4 pieces) $60
- Baked Mooncake with Double Yolk, Macadamia Nuts & White Lotus Paste (4 pieces) $60
I ended up with Snowskin Durian Mooncakes and Snowskin Mooncake with Raffles Cognac Truffle (this was not listed in Raffles Hotel Mooncake website!!)
The durian snowskin is flavoursome (IMO comparable to Marriot’s).
The main reason why I bought the cognac truffle instead of the champagne truffle is because the former is filled with dark choco centre while the latter is filled with white choc centre (pix below) which is a tad too sweet for me. The cognac taste is also stronger than the champagne taste.
[Updates on 16th Sep 2013]
Thought I shall update this post on the current box used by Raffles Hotel. Actually Raffles Hotel changed the design of the box since 2012, but it was kinda plain such that I didn’t bother to update. This year, they used the same design as 2012 but changed the colour of the box.
In 2012, the box was white in colour with the same print. In 2013, the box was updated to orange colour.
Raffles Hotel also stopped selling durian mooncake.
Bought both Raffles Cognac Truffle and Champagne Truffle & Ganache. The Raffles Cognac attracted more interest amongst my friends as they commented that its more unique and not commonly available. Compared to the 2011 pricing, its easy to notice the inflation in prices…more than 10% increase over past 2 yrs.
- Snow-skin Mooncake with Champagne Truffle & Ganache (8 pieces) $68
- Snow-skin Mooncake with Raffles Cognac Truffle (8 pieces) $64
For Raffles Hotel Mooncakes 2014 please see new post here.