Eight Cafe & Bar is a cozy eatery located in one of the shophouses in Bukit Pasoh. Their eclectic decor is what attracted me to visit them. In fact I first noticed their mini beer garden at the back of the shophouse while walking along the Duxton Plain Park.
Other than ala carte menu, they offer 2-course or 3-course lunch/dinner. Here’s what I had:
- Mushroom Soup – thick and creamy
- Foie Gras with Tiger Prawns – (This is a daily special written on their chalkboard) Foie Gras wasn’t the best quality, but I liked the sauce on the tiger prawns
- Beef Steak – done to our order of medium rare, soft & creamy mash potato
- Creme Brulee – portion was just nice for me to end my dinner, desser was smooth and well-made.
We also found an interesting device on the table to keep us entertained while waiting for our food. Its an astrology reading toy. After inserting a $1 coin into your star sign, you pull a lever by the side and the top of the device lights up while spinning. Your astrology reading will drop out from the bottom.
This place is one of the surprise mid-range cafe around Duxton area (which is beginning to filled with many eateries opened by ex-Michelin chefs). And there is no service charge and GST.
Other related posts:
- Praelum Wine Bistro
- Restaurant Andre
- Bluemist Cafe
- Sabio Tapas Bar & Restaurant
- Celina’s Gastrobar
- New Harbour Cafe & Bar
- Prague Microbrewery & Restaurant