It has been close to 1 year since I last ate in a World’s Best Restaurant in Singapore. Les Amis was ranked #53 in San Pellegrino World’s Best Restaurant 2012. The other few Singapore restaurants which made it into the list in 2012 all saw them rising up the ranking from 2011 (Restaurant Andre up 32 to #68, Iggy’s up 1 to #26). Of cos the new outlet by chef Tetsuya Wakuda’s Waku Ghin debuted at #39.
Les Amis offers 4/5/8-course dinner menu (with option of wine pairing). Its definitely more costly than the other 2 World’s Best Restaurant which I had eaten in Singapore. Hence we opted to go for the 4 course but with wine pairing (since I’ve nv tried menu w wine pairing before).
- Amuse Bouche – Tempura Prawn, Cucumber Jelly, Tomato Puree. Very appetizing and refreshing. Paired with Bruno Paillard Champagne Brut Premier Cuvee.
- Marinated Japanese Ayu Uni (sea urchin), Fennel, Crispy Tomato Confit– Liked the Ayu which was very fresh and had smooth texture. Paired with 2009 Kanta Egon Muller Riesling.
- Homemade White Tomato Pasta Mentaiko, Octopus, Basil Oil – Luved the al dente pasta and the flavoursome sauce! Would luv to go back for this dish~ Paired with 2009 Grüner Veltliner Alte Reben, Weingut Bründlmayer
- Dover Sole Crispy Shrimps, Gnocchi, Mange Tout – I didn’t quite enjoy this dish…somehow I don’t enjoy fish dishes at fine dining… Paired with (Didn’t catch the year) Domaine Leflaive Bourgogne Blanc
- Iberico Pork Tenderloin Mushrooms, Melted Baby Leek, Potato Mousseline – Very good pork, with soft yet chewy texture. Paired with (Didn’t catch the year) Johanneshof Reinisch Frauenfeld St. Laurent
- Dessert Chocolate with fig and vodka – Rich chocolate with vodka ice shavings. Interesting combination. Paired with 1998 Château Suduiraut Sauternes
Petit fours were Lemon Madeleine, Canele, White Chocolate with Orange Truffles, Dark Cocoa Chocolate.
Les Amis is undoubtly one of the best dining venues in Singapore. Excellent service, ambience and food. Delightful experience dining here.
[Updates on 26th Feb 13]
Les Amis was ranked No.14 at the Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants. Our heartiest congratulations~
Other related posts:
- COI, San Francisco #75 in San Pellegrino World’s Best Restaurant 2011
- Restaurant Andre, Singapore #100 in San Pellegrino World’s Best Restaurant 2011
- Iggy’s, Singapore #27 in San Pellegrino World’s Best Restaurant 2011
- Attica, Melbourne #53 in San Pellegrino World’s Best Restaurant 2011
- Amber, Hong Kong #37 in San Pellegrino World’s Best Restaurant 2011