Christmas Eve Dinner in Koh Samui was spent at H Bistro Restaurant inside Hansar Resort. They offered a Festive Season Degustation Menu for Xmas at Thai Baht 3,800++ per person w/o wine pairing and Thai Baht 5,000++ per person with wine pairing.
We passed by H Bistro in the day and saw the nice sea view and the pool in Hansar Resort.
By night, the restaurant was transformed to Xmas theme decor for the dinner guests. We were seated on Level 1 terrace table indoor. Luv the innovative Xmas tree on display at each table.
Menu comprised of the following:
- Amuse Bouche – Salmon with Lemon Foam. Thou initially from the colour of the fish I thought it was Tuna.
- Sashimi Grade Yellow Fin Tuna Tartar, Sweet and Sour Heirloom Tomato Pearls, Yogurt and Chervil – Fish were fresh. Great start to our dinner, one of the finest dinner so far in Koh Samui. Paired with 2011 MUSKAT OTTONEL Velich Neusiedlersee, Burgenland, Austria.
- Seared Soulard Foie Gras, Wild Rocket, Pickled Red Cherries, Pain Perdue and Xeres Reduction – We waited almost 30 mins before this dish was presented…kinda long for fine dining standards…The Foie Gras was seared slightly burnt for my liking, I tasted slight bitterness. The quality of the foie gras was quite good and firm. Paired with 2007 Riesling, H. Doennhoff, Nahe, Germany.
- Seared Scottish Langoustines, Scottish “Razor Clam” Risotto, Saffron Cream – By far the best dish for the night. Fresh Langoustines and Risotto was cooked to the right texture. Paired with 2011 Venus de Pinchinat Blanc, Alaine de Welle, Var, France.
- We were served a Passion Fruit Sorbet as palate cleanser before our Main dish.
- Pan Seared “Turbot” and Hokkaido Scallop Cepes Mushroom Mousseline, Truffled-Gnochhi and Micro Herbs – Generally I’m not a fish lover when cooked in western way…but the other option was Lamb which I don’t take. So this dish was acceptable but I probably don’t know how to appreciate it a lot. Paired with 2011 Venus de Pinchinat Blanc, Alaine de Welle, Var, France.
- “Satin” Chocolate Coffee Mousse, Crisp Pearls, Dark Chocolate Coated Coffee Beans, Vanilla Rum Sauce and Milk Ice Cream – Liked the dark chocolate coated coffee beans and the chocolate coffee mousse. Rich and creamy. Paired with Chateau de L’Ecole Sauternes AOC, Julie Gonet-Medeville – 2007 – France.
Ended the meal with Coffee/Tea and cookies.
The staff presented a “Wish Lantern” after we asked for the bill, but the weather was too windy to lit the “Wish Lantern” to be released up the sky. So we hadn’t had the chance to lit them ourselves.
Overall H Bistro is undoubtedly one of the finest meal we enjoyed in Koh Samui.
Other related posts:
- Orgasmic by Chef Wally, Koh Samui
- Rockpool, Koh Samui
- Starfish and Coffee, Koh Samui
- Zazen Restaurant, Koh Samui