Not sure if many people know about Bay Sushi Restaurant in Marina Bay Sands (MBS); even if they knew, it was a bit of challenge (at least for me) to find the shop which is located in a dead-end corner of MBS.
Ordered an ala carte Sashimi set (3 types of fish) and their “Sushi” set meal $50++ comprising of several items:
- Avocado Salad – nice citrusy salad dressing.
- Chawanmushi – served in an english tea cup instead of traditional jap tea cup, not much ingredients inside.
- Miso Soup
- Abalone and Snow Crab Leg – Abalone was pretty nice and chewy. Snow Crab leg was also acceptable.
- Sushi: Salmon, Mekajiki (Swordfish), Tuna, Hamachi (Yellowtail), Ikura Gunkan, Aburi Salmon, Aburi Unagi and Aburi Beef – pretty average, nothing exceptional. Noted that the Aburi Beef was slightly tough, does not tally with the concept of “Aburi” partially grilled and partially raw…
- Tempura: Ginseng and Shrimp – Ginseng tempura was unique.
- Dessert: Macaroons – a bit out of shape and slightly sticky.
The sushi set was averagely priced (like a casual jap place) with decent quality thou nothing caught my fancy.
Of course if you want fine quality food, one can always visit the award-winning Waku Ghin (also located in MBS), but will set one back by around $400++ per pax… I’m still waiting for my chance to visit them…
Other related posts:
- Raku Raku Japanese Dining
- Sushi Ichi, Singapore
- Sushi Kou
- Michi Japanese Restaurant
- Bimi Kaiho Restaurant
- Ten The Oyster & Crab Restaurant