10 at Claymore is housed inside Pan Pacific Orchard Hotel. Other than the usual buffet spread available at the respective stations, their buffet also features “Greatest 10 Plates of Pleasure” – 10 items that are prepared and served to us upon placing order with the server (unlimited serving).
From the list we tried 7 out of the 10 dishes:
- All-Natural Beef Tenderloin Burgundy Reduction – Beef was tender and juicy.
- Pacific Chilean Sea Perch Sze Chuan Bean Paste – Fish flesh was firm and fresh.
- Diver Half Shell Scallop Imperial XO Sauce – Scallop was fresh.
The above 3 items were my favourite dishes and would be considered must-try.
- Spicy Prawn Noodle Soup Aromatic Crustacean Broth – Pretty acceptable.
- Tamarind Laksa Broth Asian Barramundi Fish – Not our typical laksa as this got strong Tamarind taste, reminds me more of Mee Siam.
- Flaming ‘Wok Char’ Koay Teow Pacific Blue Crab Meat – Pretty nice too, the small portion also allowed us to not overdoze on a single gelard item.
- Harvest of Banana Phyllo Honey Mango Compote – Fresh banana bites inside the fried dumpling.
Now for the stations in the buffet line: Fresh Seafood on Ice including Freshly shucked Oysters, Mussels, Poached Prawns etc. Sashimi, Hot selections including mainly Chinese dishes such as Braised Soy Sauce Chicken, Braised Duck, Steamed Pork Ribs, Seafood Casserole etc. Not forgetting the Roast station with roasted beef and pork ribs in Western style as well.
There is also a live dessert crepe station, chocolate fondue, wide selection of cakes & pastries and fresh cut fruits.
Overall ambience was very comfortable and relaxing. I felt that the buffet was pretty much value-for-money.
Other related posts: