Today is dessert day as we hopped from one shop that shot to fame on Instagram to a Chef that gained exposure through a popular TV contest. Reynold Poernomo was one of the top 4 contestants in MasterChef Australia (Series 7). He established himself as the ‘king of desserts’ on the show and opened his dessert bar (with his brothers) one year after making his mark on the show.
Lost for choice, we initially wanted to order the Set Dessert but it was not available during the time of our visit. Eventually we selected 4 mousse cakes from the display (clockwise from top left of the photo below):
- Zen Almond sable, Matcha mousse, Yuzu curd, joconde, on a Matcha, mandarin, and raspberry soil
- Cherry Morello cherry mousse, cherry and chocolate ganache, fruit mince soaked in brandy
- Berry Cheesecake Almond sable, vanilla cream, cheese mousse, raspberry coulis, baked lemon cheesecake
- Lavender Strawberry lavender mousse, berry compote, steamed berry sponge
While we did enjoy the four pieces, I must say none of them wow me. Guess I prefer the dainty and delicate ones from Hidemi Sugino more.
Surprisingly what impressed us was their Iced Lemon Tea – we crowned it as the Best Iced Lemon Tea ever~ It was a simple idea that worked its magic – Iced tea topped with a quenelle of lemon sorbet. Perfectly refreshing especially on a hot day like this. =)
Other Related Posts:
- Black Star Pastry, Sydney
- Bentley Restaurant & Bar, Sydney
- The Potting Shed @ The Grounds of Alexandria, Sydney
- Mr Wong, Sydney
- Muse Restaurant (Hunter Valley), Sydney
- Quay Restaurant, Sydney